Olivia is pretty obsessed with dropping rocks - or anything else - into water. She was in heaven.


Olivia "sick" in bed...accompanied by her #1 Princess: Cinderella
MINI-GOLF & PIRATE EDUCATION:


I tied for first place in our golf tournament, thank you very much. I made not only one, but TWO holes in one!
Convincing, isn't she? This is the "scared" face, if you were wondering.
DATE NIGHT
Mom & Dad Yost were sweet enough to watch the kids for a night while Brandon and I went out on a date. We took an evening stroll along the beach and ate some delicious Cape Cod ice-cream. Yummmm.






PROVINCETOWN, MA/ HIGHLAND LIGHTHOUSE
The last day of our trip was spent exploring the very tip of the Cape: Provincetown. This is actually where the Pilgrims first landed and explored several weeks before deciding to settle over in Plymouth.
Mmmm...we had to partake of all the Cape foods here: Foot long hotdogs in special sandwich hot-dog buns, fried dough, clam chowder, lobster bisque....Our eyes were definately bigger than our stomachs!
Cape Cod Highland Lighthouse 1857
Ascending the 69 steps to the Lantern Room....My first time inside a Lighthouse.
Our adventure in the Lighthouse - Cape Cod Highland Light is the oldest, tallest, and strongest light on the Cape. This view is looking directly over the Atlantic ocean in a straight line to Portugal, 2900 air miles away.
The lighthouse has been moved from its orginal spot (see the boulder just off the left side of the path) due to the cliff eroding. While Brandon and I took the tour, Grandma, Grandpa, Olivia and Ben are down below looking out over the Atlantic. 
The cliff...I loved the sea grass all over the Cape...it blows in rippling waves with the wind. So beautiful!!
There you have it!! Thank you Thank you Mom and Dad Yost...We just loved every minute of it!



4 comments:
We've wanted to make a trip out to the Cape, this post definitely makes me think we need to get there soon! Looks like so much fun, what a beautiful place!
SO cool! I've still never been in a lighthouse. I'm glad you guys are having so much fun out there - and how dang cute are your kids?
Wow - it looks so beautiful there! We will have to come visit some time and you guys can be our tour guides - you seem to know all the good places to go :)
beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment