Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Perfect Rainy Day


Mommyhood lately has been ... so good.  I've gotten lots of wonderful tips and ideas from great friends, moments of quiet fulfillment from the Lord, and support from my hubby for this adventure of motherhood.   Somehow I feel like I've got new eyes and ears that soak up the little perfect moments and details of my kids and yes...lots of extra patience in those not-so-perfect moments.  Seeing Ben snuggled in comfortably on his Daddy's lap, watching Olivia cozy in with a stack of books, pinching their toes, kissing their sweet cheeks, hearing the squeal of giggles during a tickle fight...just fills me up inside.

 The last 2 days have been dumping rain here in CT so it was another day in today.  I asked Olivia what she wanted to do today..."Build a fort!" she said.  A perfect activity.  We set it up, draping "the fort blanket" (a nice huge quilt my Grandma made) over 3 chairs, spread a blanket on the floor underneath to lay on with a pillow, and brought a pile of books out.  Olivia wanted to sit up every one of her 15 or so stuffed animals along the sides to listen to the stories.  As we laid on our tummies side by side reading and listening to the rain, I couldn't help but thank Heavenly Father for another moment of ...perfection!!  The dishes are in the sink, the house needs straightening up, the floors haven't been mopped in forever...but I had some perfect moments with my kids today. 




2 comments:

Jessie said...

I mean, really, when do people with small children have time or energy to mop floors?! I sure don't know.

I'm glad you took time to have some lovely moments. I loved LOVED having two kids. I like having three, but man, I find myself being so sidetracked and distracted all day - traits that never used to be mine, and now I'm suddenly having to deal with this new identity!
But the kids are yummy...mostly...so it's worth it.

Kristi said...

So cute. You really know how to stop and enjoy life. I have to remind myself to do that every once and a while. That's why I think Mike is good for me. He likes to have fun. I have to remind myself to chill. The second child really made me realize that. Aren't kids the best?!

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!