Growing up, going to pick out a REAL tree at a lot was always one of our favorite traditions. My brother and I would play tag and hide & seek...so many crevices tunnels and places to disappear! Every once in a while we'd pop by mom and dad's search to give our protest or consent toward the tree they were considering.
The last 3 years, our last apartment didn't allow real trees...something about a fire hazard. I tried to get Brandon to sneak one in at night, but he had to go and follow the rules.
This year with a new home, it was back to the tree lot for us! There was this cute lot right down the street full of beautiful trees from Canada. Olivia and Ben spent the time running and hiding, I took pictures, and Brandon found us the winner. Unfortunately we didn't insist on a fresh cut so our beautiful tree hasn't really taken a swallow of water since we brought it home. But it sure is purdy!
Saturday, December 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome!
Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!





2 comments:
I like the real ones too. We've had times where we did the little 3' table top one because of space, so this year is only our 2nd big, real one. It's so fun!
I love picturing you and Dan playing amongst the trees. So cute.
How fun, I love real tress too! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment