Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Friday, February 24, 2012

Grandma's Visit Part Deuce

What more can a Grandma do when she visits?  I don't think mom left out a single thing.

 Walks through the park,

Snuggly story time,

Craft time - (she actually brought all this stuff in her suitcase!)

Sewing time,

And ALL kinds of Valentine goodies for upcoming parties: cupcakes, complete with homemade chocolate hearts to put on top, 


homemade Valentine suckers (a Harward family tradition), 


hand-made Valentine cards, 
"Dear Grandpa, I wish you a Happy Valentines Day!  Hope you can come next time! Love you!  I cannot wate until I see you!  Love, Olivia"

and the yearly ring-&-run Valentine night. Mom sneakily helped Olivia make custom flower bouquets for Brandon and I, as well as chocolate hearts and a bouquet for her Kindergarten teacher.

And what is a little boy to do amongst all this girly Valentiney craftiness?  He was always nearby with piles and rows of cars.  This is what I catch him doing 90% of the time.
The other 10% of the time he's plopped down in the middle of a room like this:

We also found this little treasure waiting for us one day:  a little boy's masterpiece.  I think the presentation placement really completes the piece, don't you?  :) 

All projects aside, our favorite part of having Grandma/Mom here, was enjoying her sweet company. We couldn't get enough of just having her here to exist in our little world with us.  It was amazing every night as she sat at the table to read or color with the kids and I made dinner, or to see the kids snuggled up with her reading a book.  The kids were both screaming and bawling as we watched Daddy drive out the driveway with her to catch her airplane We can't wait until next time rolls around, and hopefully Grandpa will be able to come along too!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Your mom is so MAGICAL! Can you ask her to come visit us next time?

And to be honest, my favorite part of this post is Ben's creative modern art masterpiece in the bathroom. Absolutely brilliant!

Kylie Walker said...

Ben's art is hilarious and Olivia looks like such a big girl bringing cupcakes to school. How sweet of your mom to to make the visit so special. Also, I like the color of your hair, have you changed it? It looks good on you!

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!