Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Friday, March 9, 2012

Pucker up!

It seemed a little quiet yesterday which is always cause for alarm. This is what I found.  He was pretty pleased with himself and couldn't get enough.  He started trying to apply the lipstick to his teeth and so I finally set the camera down and ran interference.



We are loving little "Bendo" these days.  He is such a fun (albeit tiring) combination of spirit, joy, stubbornness, and life. Here's an update:

He is always singing. Some of his favorites are "Do you know the Muffin Man", "I hope they call me on a mission", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "I love to see the temple" and "Hey Diddle Diddle".  He also just makes up his own songs - we're working on the interpretation of them. :)  One of the only times he's quiet is when we're driving in the car and the radio is on.  He'll yell out "I LIKE this song Mom!"

He loves his preschool class and nursery time at church.  Preschool isn't nearly as fun when I'm the teacher but I'm told he's on good behavior when he's at the other mom's houses!

He loves to color and draw with Olivia, and he's pretty thorough too.  He'll stay pretty focused on a picture until it is all done and does pretty good staying in the lines for a 3 yr. old.

He calls any adult male that is watching him Daddy.  We do a babysitting co-op with a few other families and the dad's are always called Daddy.

Brandon is Ben's "favorite daddy."  He'll always say things like, "Mom, why are you hugging my favorite Daddy?"  I asked him who his favorite mommy was and after a few seconds of thought, he said, "Olivia!"

He is so stubborn!  If he wants to do something and you do it, he will completely undo everything you've done and start from scratch.

He adores Olivia.  Every day we take her to school and pick her up.  At pick up time he searches for her in the crowd and runs into her arms to give her a ginormous hug and kiss.  Its pretty adorable.

He is quite the book worm.  I wondered if he'd love books as much as Olivia and he seems too.  He's starting to play with the idea of letters having sounds..."Mom - t- says tuh tuh tuh, for banana, right?" :)

He never tires of playing with his cars.  Brandon wanted to get a train set for his 3rd birthday but I protested saying we'd just gotten him a ton of new cars for Christmas as well as the Build-a-road track.  I guess they never get old though b/c every time he sees trains he's glued there the entire time and can't bear to leave.

He's got all kinds of best friends....none of which are actual real-life-human-friends: "Mom, this is my best friend blankie!"  "Mom, where's my best friend bug?"    "Mom this is my best friend sippie cup."

He loves to run and play outside.  We are all itching for the warm weather to become permanent so he can be unleashed into some wide open spaces.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Little Ben sounds so fun, just as a little boy should!

LOVE the nightgown from Grandma

Jenn said...

He looks adorable with lipstick! Seriously, I love and miss that kid. He's hilarious on so many levels. I enjoyed reading all of his latest silly things. I love the "best friends" that aren't really people and the "favorite daddy" and the silly songs. I can only imagine his high-pitched little voice singing all of those songs! Is his voice changing at all? Have you recorded his songs on video? I just watched a video of Ellis singing ONE YEAR AGO, and just about died because his voice has changed so much. I love those little voices...

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!