Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Kindergarten Graduate

Thursday marked Olivia's last day of Kindergarten....I can't believe it.  Olivia has grown so much over the last year, it has been so fun to watch her bring home "homework" and progress in her reading, writing, and 'rithmetic.  It seems like she spends all her time now drawing pictures, writing storis, poems, and letters.  


Olivia walked these stairs like a champ every day...I never had an elementary with stairs and it seemed so big and scary for me when I saw she'd need to take them every day to her basement classroom!  

Olivia with Miss Okun - she loved her kindergarten teacher!  After school we grabbed some photos with some of her classmates.  I love the diversity in her class - so much fun to have kids from lots of different cultures and backgrounds.  And of course I had to get a shot of the walk home.  The highlight of Ben's day was going to get Olivia every day.  He would take off on a run as soon as we saw the kids standing outside and head straight into Olivia's waiting arms.  Then off we headed home with him pushing the stroller.  

Now we're looking forward to summer full of relaxed days, playdates, beach days, visits with family, BBQ's and catching fireflies! 

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Aw, so sweet. Just wait, 1st grade seems to really make them grow up. Scary!

Jenn said...

Looks like she had a great year. I can't believe they're all grown up! First grade, here we come!

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!