Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Friday, June 29, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

A few weeks ago we got to take the kids to their first baseball game.  When I told Olivia what we were doing she said, "Do we get to play?!"  "No - we just get to watch them."  "Oh Moooommm.....I don't want to go all the way to NY to watch SPORTS!!"  :)  She was only consoled by the fact that they might have cotton candy there.  With that as a starting point we headed to Queens to watch the NY Mets play the Cincinnati Reds.  We had fun cheering them on despite the loss.  While getting to the game and waiting in always present NY traffic, we taught the kids "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" so they'd be all prepped when the 7th inning rolled around.


Olivia had fun exploring the stadium and insisted we hike up to the very top before finding our seats.  We'd also read a book recently about a little boy exploring NYC and in it he went to a game (shhhh....Yankees.....) and ate hot dogs and cotton candy.  This point was not forgotten by the kids and they knew that you ate hot dogs and cotton candy at a baseball game.  I think that's all they knew about baseball games. :)  I think munching their treats was their favorite part of the night.  Olivia also got a kick out of helping us keep track of whether the batters were hitting "balls" or "strikes" by watching the corresponding dots on the scoreboard.


The kids were troopers and lasted the whole game.  We even got to be serenaded by a little band called REO Speedwagon after the game.  I'm an 80's music fan and was pretty excited to see them playing. I guess we're getting old though b/c we only stayed for one song and then listened on our hike back to the car.  I think without the kids we would have toughed it out but the volume and late hour were just too much for them.  Overall, it was a fun NY experience!

3 comments:

Kylie Walker said...

Oh this looks like so much fun! The kids are looking so big these days. I remember when Olivia was just a little peanut. Way to go for being the funnest parents on the block! Miss you guys

Jenn said...

What a fun excursion! Our boys learned the song "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and have been dying to go to a Red Sox game . . . probably just for that song. I think they would like the treats too. :)

Rachel said...

Yeah! How much fun! I loved the pics. Such a fun experience...have they talked about it much since? Cuties.

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!