Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Sunday, August 19, 2012

By the way....

We're expecting a new edition to our family Oct.29th. That means this week kicks off week 30 for me!  We don't know if the bun in the oven is a little girl or a little boy.  We've got one of each that are pretty stinking adorable so we thought this time around we'd hold on for an extra big surprise on delivery day since we can't go wrong either way.


I love these pics for so many reasons.  I came out during Olivia's "quiet time" play and she was all dressed up in her princess gear, complete with every bit of jewelry she could find and even a single glove.  I love looking at that little face on the ultrasound printout and wondering what kind of a personality he or she will have and how that will add to our family.

When I told Olivia about the baby she was so excited and hasn't stopped the excitement since.  She is always hugging and kissing my belly and talking to the baby.  After about two weeks of me constantly being sick in bed the first trimester (about 8 wks. along) I felt like I owed her an explanation of why I was being such a lame mommy.  I told her this was our family secret because it was still really early and we didn't want to share the news with others quite yet - HOPING she would be able to keep the secret.  That next Sunday in her Primary sharing time, the president asked, "Did anyone have anything exciting happen this week?"  To which she promptly whipped her hand in the air and shouted, "My mommy has a baby in her tummy!!"  :)  Secret blown, it was still fun to have her be so excited.  She walked around for months after telling everyone around that "mommy has a baby in her tummy!"  She will be such a great helper and big sister to the baby.  


This is Ben's rendition of the baby.  He came in one day, in his favorite "ispicable me" shirt, proudly showing me his Teddy Baby.  I love how he's rubbing his teddy belly - something I tend to do constantly without even noticing.  At story time when he snuggles up on the side of me or my shrinking lap he'll let me know he's not sitting on Baby. :)  

I really have no hunches on gender...Brandon thinks its a boy because I was so sick this time.  It was my worst first trimester, and Ben was 2nd...I didn't feel a thing with Olivia until the end, so who knows. Either way we'll be thrilled.  Any predictions on your part?  




8 comments:

David and Amy said...

You sneaky girl keeping your pregnancy secret so long! Congratulations! I'm excited to find out what you have!

Richelle Johnson said...

Congrats! Olivia is getting so big!

Kylie W said...

Oh look at those beautiful kiddos. I love Ben with the baby in his belly, it almost looks like the baby has a face with that shirt on, and Olivia looks like such a princess. Give that baby a little rub for me.

Kristen said...

Congratulations! I agree - sneaky! I can't believe that you held out on baby news for 30 weeks! I saw the pictures and told Chris - "hey, JoDee is expecting!" Then I read that you were 30 weeks and I said - "oh my goodness - she is almost due!" I am so happy for you guys! I hope you are feeling well - good luck!

Jenn said...

Cutest pictures ever! It's fun that Olivia is so excited. I don't think my boys had half of her excitement when Sam was born. So cute.

Jessie said...

Wow, you are sneaky! 30 weeks?! CONGRATS! If we'd had one of each, we would have done a surprise too. We just kept thinking: "Well, if it IS a girl, we need to know and prepare, and if it's another boy, I need time to process the info".

The surprise thing seems SO fun!

Jessie said...

Oh, prediction...hmm...GIRL.

Richelle Johnson said...

Congrats!!! Can't wait to find out what you are having :)

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!