Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Monday, February 16, 2009

7 Minutes


How long does it take to create a work of art? In the middle of making Olivia's daily PB&J for lunch, I went to pick up a crying baby and talk to my sis on the phone, leaving Olivia quietly putting together a puzzle at the kitchen table. 7 minutes later, this is what I found. 7 minutes was all it took to create this "sensory artistic experience" for Olivia. I had some interesting conversations this weekend with friends about what makes really great art. What do you think? Maybe there's room for peanut butter sculpting to join the artistic community. Or maybe Olivia could land a Skippy commercial. On the up-side: our apartment smelled like peanut butter for a few days ... yummm. Anyone know how to get peanut butter grease out of jeans?

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry! I love that you captured the moment - what great pictures!

Marissa said...

Try some spray and wash dual power or some de-solve-it. Those have worked for me, oh and sometimes regular hand soap. Cute pictures and good luck getting the grease out.

Jessie said...

I really like the glob of PB in her eye-lash. Nice.

just dandee said...

Wow! And I thought my boys have had some pretty amazing PB eating contests. I think Olivia just won by a landslide! That really is amazing!

Your little Ben is adorable. Hang in there with the crazy life of 2 little ones. I can only say it gets busier... and you wouldn't want it any other way. I am sure you hear this all the time and it is something I totally struggle with... but enjoy those crazy moments. I've been told we will miss them someday. (whoever said that obviously went crazy in the middle of them)

Thanks for letting us peek on you. We just went private on our blog but I'd love to invite you. Just send me an e-mail dandeetnt@yahoo.com

HeatherB said...

I think she would look great in a skippy commercial! Those are the moments when you want to laugh and scream at the same time.

Kylie Walker said...

how cute! (haha don't kill me for saying that) It's those artistic genes you've given her coming on out!

Nicole said...

That girl would be cute no matter what. Just think, now you know what would entertain her for 7 minutes next time you need a break! and all for about $1! yea! for new discoveries.

Jenn said...

SO glad you took pictures of this -- they are priceless.

Liz and Peter said...

way to keep your cool, you are such a great mum. I'm so glad you took pictures so we can all see the mischief your cutie gets into. She looks like she is having so much fun, I want to join in and get all covered in PB too!

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!