Last week I lucked out and snagged the library's free Beardsley Zoo pass. As if that weren't awesome enough, I happened to get it on the most beautiful Spring day! Finally, one of those evasive special "fun-to-do's" was in my grasp. So me and a few of my gal-pals hit the road with our babies in-tow.My first reminder that "you're handling two kids on your own - don't try to multitask...keep it SIMPLE" came before we even left. I basically closed and locked my front door before remembering that I had another kid inside our apartment waiting patiently in his car-seat. Sigh...
Other adventures: Ben slipped out of his sling right after this pic..luckily I caught him. Olivia wandered off while I was taking a few pictures...When I found her (across the way, leaving Ben in the stroller screaming with some strangers while I raced up a hill to "rescue" her) she said, "Mom - I'm just exploring. I just need to explore." Next up - turkey cage. This was one aggressive turkey. It took about 2 seconds for Olivia to go up to the fence and the turkey to come and snap her little finger. It broke skin...no blood though. I did however, manage to take a picture...
At the end of our 3-hour visit I was flustered to say the least. Nonetheless, we enjoyed a gorgeous Spring day, saw some fun animals, and played with friends. Not a bad adventure at all. Next time though, maybe I'll bring Brandon along. Or, at least, do a better job of SIMPLIFYING.



7 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun day!
I saw that picture of you and your kids on Kylie's blog, and I wondered how you kept Benjamin from falling out of the sling. Guess I know now!
Wow, it does look very complicated to handle two kids, especially when one is a busy toddler! I'm glad you survived and were able to take advantage of the nice weather!
Kids force you to think about someone else, like it or not. But they are fun.
You are doing great. Have 4 more.
And soon I'll have THREE! I can't even imagine loading up the car in less than 20 minutes.
I LOVE the sling, feet-sticking-out picture. Oh, man, that made me laugh. (Glad you caught him, of course.)
Very ambitious of you! I can't imagine trying to do that with my 2 kids, so I applaud you for your mult-tasking!
It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks doing anything with two kids is HARD! I see other people doing it with ease and think I must be a wimp or something. I'm pretty sure it just keeps getting easier though! I'm finding that the baby at 7 months is much easier, and we're doing a little more every week. Someday my life will feel "normal," I'm sure. Probably just in time to have #3!
it's fun getting used to two kids... soon you won't even know the difference, and won't even remember just having one :)
p.s. I'm so glad you caught Ben!
Post a Comment