

10:30 AM Ben slices his finger on some glass from a picture frame under my bed while crawling
10:30.25 AM I try to figure out what's wrong, and look down to see blood all over my arm and shirt - then realize the side of his pinkie is flapping, barely holding on by about a mm of skin.
10:31 AM I call Brandon in a panic and ask if he can come home from work to help me to the Dr.
11:10 AM We pick up Olivia from Preschool
11:30 AM Pediatrician says to take Ben to get stitches at the ER
11:40 AM We check into the ER.
3:30 PM Ben finally gets stitches...poor little guy.
4:30 PM I collapse on the couch at home and wonder how I'm going to survive another 20+ yrs. of this...
I knew this day had to be coming. What I don't understand is how I made it through Olivia's 3.5 yrs. without any adrenaline-pumping emergency moments, and Ben, in the last MONTH, has already had 2 choking episodes and now, gotten stitches. Look at him.
He couldn't be prouder. Thankfully Brandon was there to help steady me through the day. Lets just pray my kids survive to adulthood. I found a googley eye in Ben's poop last week...



11 comments:
Wow, I can only imagine how adrenaline-packed an experience like that with your child would be. Your little guy is so cute in that bottom picture, he does look pretty proud of himself! :)
Poor baby! Poor Mommy! But he is freaking adorable!! Look at how happy he is! I love his smile!
Sounds like you handled everything so well! How scary for you. What a trooper Ben is though :-)
Holy cow! I just snipped the skin on Eli's finger last night, when trying to clip his fingernails. It bled and bled - I felt horrible! But an ER visit?! Oh man, that would have freaked me out. I totally would have called for the husband to come home, just like you did.
We went to the ER once for a high fever when Calvin was 2 mos, and it ended up that he was fine. So we have yet to have a real ER visit. With 3 boys, I know it's inevitable.
Ha ha ha, a googly eye. That makes me laugh.
Aw . . . what a sweetie. Sounds like a nightmarish day for you all. I'm just glad it wasn't anything worse!
Oh my how horrible. Were they able to save the portion that was dangling off? I know my day for an ER visit will come - scary, scary, scary!
Haha this was a funny way to tell the scary story. Although that picture is not funny at all, ick! I will hope that your kids survive to adulthood too, partly so that Ben can marry Kennedy :)
Poor Ben! this stage is TROUBLE!
ouch! he looks like he was such a trooper! hows brandon doing in school?
Oh my goodness!!!! That picture is sooo freaky! I would totally flip out if that happened! It sounds like you handled it well. I can't believe that you had to wait until 3:30! What the heck did you do for the little guy before then to stop him from hurting or pulling off the skin!!! Ahh!
Gross!!! Poor little guy. Lily got stitches on her finger when she got into the recycling bin on our back porch while I was cleaning one day. Doesn't it just break your heart to see them surrounded by surgeons?
Post a Comment