A week or so ago we were reading from the Book of Mormon about Alma and his people becoming enslaved to "King" Amulon and the Lamanites We explained to Olivia that the naughty King told the people that they couldn't pray, and if they did they'd be killed. So, Alma and his people continued to pray in their heads and hearts so that Amulon wouldn't be able to hear them praying and hurt them (Mos 24:10-12).

Ever since reading this scripture story this is what Olivia says at prayer time each night:
"But YOU be the naughty King, and I'll say my prayers in my head so you can't hear me and kill me".
Hmmm....not QUITE the message I was hoping would stick - but hey - I guess its better than nothing!



3 comments:
How funny :) At least she hears some of what you tell her right? When our kids aren't reverent during prayer we make them sit for a minute afterward with their head bowed, eyes closed, and arms folded. It is a hard one to concur - after all - you don't want to yell "fold your arms" while you are praying :) Good luck!
Ah, yes. That's a good one. Well, at least she's got great comprehension, right?
Milo has been saying prayer endings "in vain", if you will. I'll hear him laughing and playing with dinosaurs and suddenly he'll whip out: "In the name of..."
I'm like: "MILO! That's only for prayers!"
Little stinker.
To answer your question: Yes, I did go fruit-picking when I lived there. I have the most adorable pictures of baby Asher under a blackberry bush, and baby Rafi with giant pumpkins.
Freshly-picked produce. Yum!
Post a Comment