The Spread: Brandon was the turkey chef, I attempted my first apple pie, and our guests brought some DElish sides, I think we had 17 lbs. of our 18 lbs. of turkey left after everyone left...I didn't think we'd ever get through it all but leftover turkey sandwiches are Brandon's favorite so he polished it off.
Olivia and her buddy Gavin having their Thanksgiving Picnic on the floor in some tupperware. Gotta love it!
And this picture of Ben just makes me smile. This little guy is pretty attached to his mama. In the sea of legs of guests and other babies, he always managed to find his way over to me and give me grins like this.
While we waited for dinner to settle in we had a mean game of Rock Band. Here are a few of our guests. Ironically, four families in our ward right now are from my home town of Layton, UT, and another family just moved out of the ward this summer. We were all spread a few years apart but knew eachother vaguely in high school. "It's a small world after all...." We've loved getting to know them here as well as our other friends in the ward. We are lucky to have such great supportive friends here....a family of away from home.
And finally, my apple pie. The crust turned out great thanks to Jenn, but the filling was not so delish. But isn't it pretty? :) I am determined not to let pie get the best of me though and am attempting it again for Christmas dinner. Maybe I'll be a pro by next year.... or not.








1 comment:
Impressive!
Hey - if you've got the crust down, the rest is just about tweaking. You're a pie-making fool (you know, in a good way).
Post a Comment