Thursday, April 8, 2010
Olivia'isms
It's been a while since I've shared some of Olivia's funny phrases so I thought I'd post a few I've jotted down over the last few months...I love the way her little brain processes things.
"Can you wash me up Mom, because I had apple on the cob". (ate an apple without it being sliced)
(to Daddy, before a story:)"I'll be Olivia, and you be the guy who reads the book".
"Mmmm...I got some hot-cold water". (lukewarm water)
(after a race to the kitchen:) Olivia: "Hey!! You're a fast poke!!"
JoDee: A fast poke? What's that?
Olivia: "You know silly: not a SLOW poke: a FAST poke!"
(after having an Ice-Cream-Sunday party at a church Primary party): "Mom, the BEST day to eat Sunday ice-cream is Sundays....You know: Sunday ice-cream is ice-cream at the church!"
"Don't button my belly-button!!"
JoDee: "Olivia, how'd you get to be such a smartie-pants?"
Olivia: "I'm not a smartie-pants - I'm a smartie shirts-gloves."
"When I was a baby in your tummy I wanted to play with toys, so where were the toys in your tummy?"
(Looking into my cocoa mug) Olivia: Oh Mom, you got a weenie in there. JoDee: A weenie? What's a weenie? Olivia: You know, weenie is the sign language for small...you know: teenie-weenie.
Olivia had a little Cinderella doll similar to a Polly Pocket whose head broke off while she was trying to dress it. There was no way to fix it so I told Olivia she'd have to pretend the head was there. A few minutes later I overheard her playing the the doll and Jaque the mouse...
Olivia:"Oh Cinderella - I know you're sad because your face fell off but its ok, cause remember? I was going to pretend your face is on!"
Jaque the mouse: What happened to your head? Can you ever fix it?
Cinderella: Oh, look at this. My face fell off, but she (Olivia) is still going to dress up my body.
Olivia: Cinderella, why did you break your head off, why?
"Where's Ben's voice? Did it fly outside? COME BACK! He won't be able to talk!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome!
Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!




3 comments:
Oh man, she is HILARIOUS. Don't you love the innocence of things like "weenie"? I do.
the cinderella story brought tears! That girl cracks me up.
Hilarious little phrases! We all laughed and laughed over these. I love to hear about the world through the perspective of a child.
Keep writing these down -- I'd love to hear more!
Post a Comment