Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Sunday, October 24, 2010

We're still here....


I have been really going back and forth on keeping our blog going but in the end decided its a good "journal" of sorts for our family and a place to share pictures for family and friends.  I'm  not great at journal writing but I do take lots and lots of pictures and its a nice place to be able to share & enjoy those.  I don't know that anyone even reads here anymore but I am recommitting to at least one post a week, each Sunday.  And I'd love to have family and friends continue to stop by if you're so inclined and let us know you're here! 

So....What's new with us?

Brandon: Is keeping busy working 20 hrs./wk. and attending school Full time the rest of the week and is involved with several committees at school.  He is working at a tax firm and is really enjoying that area of law and planning to make a career of it.  As his last year of school is coming to a close (only 6 more months!) we are starting to prepare for the adventures ahead: taking and passing the Bar, finding a job, a new home, Olivia starting Kindergarten...a lot of big changes for our family coming up.

Me: I've been keeping busy with two little cuties and my photography business.  The past month especially has been a very busy month for photography and though I love it, I'm ready to have things slow down a bit for the winter.  I'm loving Fall in Connecticut - it is such a beautiful time here - my favorite.  Crisp, bright leaves, apple cider, hot cocoa, Sunday drives through the hills, apple and pumpkin picking - We just love it!

Olivia:  Olivia started her 2nd year of preschool and loves it.  She goes 3 mornings a week.  They do so many great things: lots of exposure to art, nature, and learning through play.  She seems to gravitate to the artistic creative things...She's always bringing home huge paintings she's done at Preschool.  She still loves to read - right now we are working our way through the Mrs.PiggleWiggle series. 

Ben:  Ben is one ACTIVE little guy.  He is constantly climbing and figuring out ways to reach things. He would play outside all day if he could and I am anxious for maybe having a place with a yard next year to make that a little easier.  He loves his big sister and they are starting to really play and wrestle each night...He always tackles Olivia with big hugs.  He has finally started to expand his words a bit:   mommy, daddy, baby, "la-la" (Olivia), "Bheh!" (Ben), puppy, buh-bye, "ah-dun" (all done), na-na (banana - or anything to eat).  He also is making some sounds: roofing for dog, "Ah-mow" (me-ow for kitties), choo-choo for trains.  Its been fun to see him start to understand and communicate more.

Thats the latest from us - you'll hear more from us soon! 

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I read it :) In fact I love see your name pop up to the top of my blog list! As always, your children are adorable and I'm pretty sure you and your husband should get a job in AZ so we can hang out with Brett and Bethany together :)

Richelle Johnson said...

Glad you got an update in :) You're kids are so cute! Olivia is getting so big! Glad to hear Brandon is doing well in school and your photography is doing well. You are SO talented! Wish you could take my kids pics again :)

Jessie said...

Yaaaay. I always love your posts.

Kristen said...

Hey JoDee! I definitely check out your blog when I see a new post up! It is fun to see what you guys are up too. Your kids are so adorable - you take such great pictures too! It's too bad you don't live out here because my little sister is getting married in Nauvoo around Christmas and she still needs a photographer. I'm glad that things are going so well for you guys! It sounds like you have some exciting things coming up. Can't wait to hear about all your changes. Good luck!

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!