Our little Olivia got glasses on Oct.26th. She was born with ptosis, which is an eyelid that droops a little because of, in her case, a relaxed muscle. This causes her left eye to be partially blocked and it has developed an astigmatism. Olivia has been a trooper and her looks adorable in her little red framed glasses. (Again - somehow, I don't have any pictures of her in them...the only one I know if is on Brandon's phone.) At her follow-up appt., the Dr. decided she needed to also patch the right eye for 2 hrs./day to get her brain used to using the left eye again. She is also having surgery in Jan. to repair the ptosis so the eye won't continue to develop astigmatism. We're so grateful we were able to have medical help and catch it early while her vision is still developing. (I had a severe astigmatism when I was young as well, and had to wear awful glasses that magnified one eye. I also had to wear a patch to school. In the 3rd grade, it was not my funnest time ever.)
But - through it all Olivia has been as smiley and cheerful as ever and has done great wearing her glasses and patch. We have lots of sweet supportive friends and family who have given her so much positive feedback, any insecurities, if there ever were any, have gone.
So...on to the turkey talk...At the eye exams, they have her look at both a letter chart, as well as a chart with pictures, like this one:
At our last visit, they were asking her the pictures and she was going through them...
"A chick, a house, a telephone, a birthday cake, a turkey...."
Can you find the turkey? Many hand-turkeys just like this one have graced our home for the last month!
I think her drawing resembles the eye chart "turkey" pretty well, don't you?
6 comments:
That is really, really cute. I hope you get some good pics with the glasses. I bet she is adorable
Did Olivia ever get Analis' letter. She was so excited about it and has asked me endlessly if she got so just checking... Cute Turkey Olivia!
Olivia is such a cutie! I am excited to see pictures of her in her glasses!
I think it passes for a great turkey, you have to love how those kids minds work! Hope you guys are all great!
It is good to see your cute family. It has been a while since we have been on our blog as well as others. Your family looks great. Sooo cute!
our address
9307 e. 81 St. #119
Tulsa OK. 74133
We are about to have a new baby and wont be sending out christmas cards! Sorry but check out our blog and we will post pictures.
Such a great story! I know at those moments as a mom you are just hoping they say everything right, and when they do it wrong and you understand why, it's just so funny. I will never think of handprints the same way! What a cute girl . . .
Post a Comment