Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

He left me with this.....

Brandon is in sunny Florida as we speak and left me with this...




To be fair, the freezing rain didn't come until after he flew out.  I had to go get my camera and document it....you don't see stuff like this in Utah!  Walking out to the car felt like tiptoeing on an ice-covered pond. I could see through to the concrete and sand underneath and each step brought a burst of bubbles from underneath and cracking sounds. 

So I think I have paid for my moaning that our part of CT never sees snow. This winter we have been hit with blizzard after blizzard. They hired tractors to lift the snow into high drifts because plows didn't have anywhere else to push. Dump trucks come and carry it away....somewhere.

Usually Brandon digs our car out, but as luck would have it, his Moot Court competition came at an opportune time. He told me he had shorts on today.  Ahhhh....I can only dream.  In the meantime, I'll keep cuddled up in my slippers and sipping hot cocoa.  As soon as I finish chopping through a 1/2" of  ice on my car.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Ick.

I think I was there for only one good ice storm. The day after, the sun came out and made everything look sparkly and magical.
That said, I don't envy you one bit.

Stay warm, Friend!

Jenn said...

CRAZY!!! I can't believe the weather we've had this year. I'm sure this was the same day that I went out and had to scrape our windows like 8 times before it was safe to drive. The windshield was like a bathroom window! I'm hoping this winter is unusual enough that we'll be talking about it for years to come . . .

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!