So if you scroll down a bit, you'll see a few posts about snow...the first snow flurry of the season, and Ben walking around in a skiff. Why was I so eager? Snow here in our part of CT hasn't really been that frequent in our last few years. This winter however, has set records! Between Christmas and the end of January, we had received over 50". On Jan.31st, I grabbed a few photos of the snow level on the way to dinner.
So - normally I would be thrilled with so much snow to play in. But we weren't really prepared for it this year. We didn't have good gloves for the kids. Sleds were sold out. Shovels were sold out. And we're not particularly within walking distance to any large areas to play in the snow. So what to do to fight the cabin fever? Museums!!
Last summer we splurged and got a family year pass to a local children's museum here. The awesome thing is that it is a member of ACM (Asso.Children's Museums) and so our membership gets us into museums all over the country, including about 5 here in CT, several in Boston, etc. It has been a life saver for me this winter!
I had fun playing with these funky mirrors...Can you tell where I am in this bottom picture?
A big thank you to ACM!!! Woot wooooot!!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome!
Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!







3 comments:
we did the same in seattle and it has also been super nice with lots of rainy days. I think we get in to museums in CT too:). Cute photos as always.
I know you are short but I remember you being a little taller than 4 feet 4 inches, anyhow the kiddos are super cute.
Hee hee - could call Steph! I was only 10 inches off! :) Maybe I'll go do a quick edit.
Post a Comment