Ben has been pretty interested in his tools lately. Poor Lightning McQueen suffered from a fender bender and Ben got out all his tools to fix him back up again. It looks like we better have another safety session about working the saw. :)
Ben is in a really fun phase right now and makes us giggle all day long at the cute things he says and does. Its so fun when they're really communicating and have those funny questions about how the world around them works. I've been keeping a list of some of his words and questions over the last few months.
Pronunciations:
Eye-lips = eyelids
Squh-yuhls = squirrles
Long-a-mowuh = lawn mower
Wakkles = waffles
Suh-up = syrup
"Ok Mom! We can go to the zoo! We'll see elephants, and dinosaurs, and tigers....and tow trucks!! Tow trucks live at the zoo, right mom?!"
(We had just opened a new jar of peanut butter: a lunch time staple at our house)
B: Is this very up peanut butter mom?
Me: Up peanut butter? Why is it up peanut butter?
B: Because, it's very up!!
Me: You mean the peanut butter is tall in the jar?
B: YES!
Whenever people ask Ben's name, he proudly says, "I'm Ben-do!! I'm three and my sister is six!"
(After getting out of the bath, Brandon put the towel with the hoodie on Ben, temporarily covering up Ben's eyes with towel)
"AUGH! I can't see my eyes Daddy! It's too dark to see my eyes!!"
Ben singing "I Hope they call me on a Mission"....this is his song of choice for nap-time and bed-time serenading. I think he's working on a career as a famous Soprano. I love where he starts squinting as he strains to hit those high notes...he got finally got them. :)
Ben is also always singing some tune while he plays, although lately he's been talking to himself as he does pretend play. Some favorite songs:
"I just love old Arkansas" from Big River
"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
"I Hope they call me on a Mission"
"I Love to see the Temple"
"Tonight" (Hot Chelle Rae)
And the regular for when he's playing with his cars, at least 3x a day, the Cars 2 spy theme.
And the regular for when he's playing with his cars, at least 3x a day, the Cars 2 spy theme.
We sure do love our little Ben-do. He is almost always happy and full of energy. He has a sweet tender little spirit and loves being around people. We're so glad he's a part of our family!




4 comments:
Hee hee, so sweet.
We have that exact same tool box!
Ah I love the video of him singing! He's got the cutest little voice and he has those words down pat.
Oh, man, I love that kid! I laughed a bunch about the pronunciations and the quotes, and the video clip had me laughing out loud! That will be so precious in about 10 years when you can show him what he was like at three. His range really is amazing!
Ahhh, loved it! Missing you all like crazy!!!!
Post a Comment