Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One duffel bag.

Warning - rant coming. How could we have been so naive to think ONE duffel bag with about 8 changes of clothes each would suffice?? Sure. If everything had gone as we had pictured - leave Arizona, have a quick trip across the U.S., reach CT in less than a week, quickly get into an apartment and beat the truck with our stuff, I guess one duffel bag may have worked. The quick trip to CT worked out beautifully - the rest ... not so much. And my one duffel bag of stuff is getting really old. Our duffel bag for the 3 of us holds one dress for church. It was a cute dress I bought just before leaving - the cutest one I own for sure, but in my limbo world, the only one I own. This Sunday was the 4th Sunday I wore it in a row. Sigh.

I don't want to sound ungrateful here. Things really have gone smoothly over all, and it has been SUCH a blessing to have the Bells to stay with. We came thinking we'd be with them for maybe a week while we found a place ... after looking we realized it may be a little longer than that ... turns out Sept. 5th is the "little longer" so they will have had extended guests here for 5 weeks, maybe 6, instead of one. Oh, they have been SO sweet and welcoming and made us feel so comfortable here. Treated us just like we were their own kids. Without them we'd have had to pay for a hotel nightly, and hurry and get into some hole of an apartment b/c we wouldn't have had any other options.

Without sounding ungrateful I hope, I AM ready to transition out of our 3 month limbo world and officially get settled. Granted, this extended-stay-home in Higgenum is much nicer than anywhere we will live for a long time - but it is a limbo world. I feel like I waited for 2 mths in Arizona to get out to CT to "get settled" into this new Law School phase of our lives, now we're here...and still waiting! Ah - patience. Patience is something I need more of ...

Ok - rant over. Needless to say, I am anxious and ready for our supposed Sept.5th move-in date to come. Now we just need our stuff from the moving company to get here around that date....

7 comments:

MaryBeth said...

JoDee that totally sucks. Here's hoping for a speedy 5th of September...and a visit from the church dress fairy ;)

Annie said...

Wow! Good luck with that. Moving is kind of the pits. You really are being quite positive about it. Maybe some chocolate cake would help....

. said...

Oh, Jod! That stinks! I'm so sorry. Waiting like that is just the worst. YOu have my absolute and total sympathy, considering we're in the same boat. Good luck with everything! Do you want me to send you a new dress to wear? I'd be happy to! (Cuz that would seriously stress me out, too!)

JoDee said...

Hee hee ... thanks Trish - you're so sweet. I told Brandon we've got to get out this week and get another dress ... at least then I can switch every other week! :)

Jenn said...

No fun! Those transition times are tough. I remember the two weeks in NJ waiting for our moving truck to arrive as the longest two weeks of my life! I think I had at least two dresses, but we were in our empty apartment, sleeping on an air mattress with no dishes to use or chairs to sit on! It was a pretty crazy time!

Still, I think Sept. 5th will be here before we both know it (my due date is the 6th!). We'd love to see you guys if you are up to driving to Boston anytime soon! We have a pretty open shedule . . . just waiting for this baby to come. We'd love to have you come over the next couple of weeks, or you can wait until you get settled and our baby is here. Either way! Let me know.

Jessie said...

Limbo is the worst. The older I get, the less I enjoy the limbo stages of life.
Did Nicole ever forward my email to you with the Feigenbaum's info? Because you'd be welcome to go hang at the beach for awhile, even just for day trips. I guess you could go to Old Lyme on your own, but it's more fun to have a beach house to go have lunch in. Just let me know, and I'll hook you up.

The McCullough Crew said...

At least you are the nicest and sweetest home guests ever. Hope you get a place soon.

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!