Last Thursday I went to the Doc for the official anatomy ultrasound. Brandon couldn't be there due to Law school, so I just had to avert my eyes when the determining "parts" were being examined. The Dr. typed it out on the pic of the ultrasound he gave us and stapled it shut. When Brandon got home that night we sat home together and Brandon opened it up and read the announcement. We are officially having a little BOY!! We are so excited to be adding another little personality to the mix of our family. He couldn't get a great profile of our kiddo, but here he is: head is on the left, leg/foot is on the right. (Thought I might need to add that distinction! :)
I'm feeling a little anxious since I haven't done the "boy" thing yet - but can't wait to learn as we go! My brother gave a neat insight that having one kiddo of each gender is neat because you can help eachother understand the kids as they grow. I think in that process it helps you, as husband and wife, learn a lot about how to treat eachother too. Sounds like a neat partnership to me, and I can't wait to see how our family dynamic grows and changes as the years go by.I thought I'd better include a few pics of the belly for you. The second one is Olivia giving her Baby Brother a kiss. I'm feeling good at this point with just a few occassional pulls and pains. I feel the baby moving around all the time - he is very active for the time being! We are grateful that our little addition is growing healthy and along schedule. Due date is set for Jan. 2nd '09.

Me at 26 weeks. Hello belly!!



8 comments:
How cute! I'm so excited for you guys. As a recent mother of 2 boys, I can honestly say it's wonderful. Diaper changes are a bit diffrent though :-). I am so glad to hear everything is going great in CT. Your daughter is beautiful. Let me know when things have calmed down so I can give you a call and catch up!
Woo-hoo! I had a feeling it would be a boy, but I've been anxious to hear. How exciting.
After wanting girls both times I had boys, I now am nervous at the possibility of having a girl...isn't that weird? You get so used to what you have (and no, I'm not pregnant).
Having a little boy will charm you to pieces. At first he'll just be a squishy sweet newborn. Later, he'll do cute and/or naughty little boy things, and you'll be trying hard not to laugh while disciplining him. You'll love it!
CONGRATS!
Hooray! We LOVE boys and can attest to how much fun they are! I know what you mean about not knowing how to raise a boy, because we really feel the same way about girls. I'm sure it comes pretty naturally. You look great . . . I love that belly!
Boys are great, I don't know as far as babies go, but I did kiss a bunch of them when I was single. So yes, Boys are GREAT! Good luck. You look so tiny! That belly is not even very big. Work on that okay.
Yeah! I'm so excited for you! Having a boy is so much fun! You look great! How's Brandon doing in school?
What a cute baby bump you have! Don't worry about the whole boy thing, you will LOVE having a boy!
What fun news, congratulations! You look wonderful and the picture of Olivia kissing your belly is so precious. We hope we'll be seeing you soon! :)
Yeah!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I know how much Brandon wanted a little boy, and now he gets his wish! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy - and have fun shopping :)
Post a Comment