Latest Phrases:"Oh my goodness!"
"I want some narbles Mommy." (marbles)
"That's cool!"
"What's up?"
"I had a good good nap!" (This is supposed to forever deter us from giving her further naps or bedtime.)
"Did you have a good good shower?"
"No Mom, it's not quiet yet." (Her protest in the morning when asked to talk quietly so she doesn't wake the later morning risers in the house).
"This is a super big problem!" (Learned from her new favorite cartoon: Super Why"
"But Mommy I'm hungry!" (Repeated about ever 15 minutes regardless of how recently she's eaten. I swear this kid has a hole in her stomach...she would eat all day long lately if I let her).
"Oh! You want to read some books with me!" (her request to have books read to her)
"Let's read Milly-Billy-Dee-lah!" (Amelia Badilia)
"Oh, let's eat some ga-spetti."
(After putting on someone's ginormous shoes) "Ok, bye Mom! I'm going to the store! Bye! I love you!"
"E-X-I-T spells Green!" (looking at the green exit signs)
"Hey! How are you the last morning?" (this morning)
Favorite Songs:
ABC's
"Tomorrow" from Annie
Blitzkrieg Bop
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Any Primary song
Prayer Story:
During our blessing on the dinner I was hearing noises from her plate so I peeked over. We had put some grapes on her plate to tide her over til' dinner was ready but asked her to pause while we said the blessing on the food. She kept her eyes tightly squeezed shut while reaching one arm blindly out in front of her, feeling along the table and her plate, until her fingers found a grape to grab onto. She quickly popped it in her mouth, keeping her eyes shut the whole time, and then hurried to fold her arms again ... until she was ready for that next grape. :) Does it count if you keep your eyes closed??



6 comments:
What a cutie! I wish I had a blog back when my kids were young and said these funny things so I had kept track. We missed you guys at the reunion.
That prayer story is hilarious.
Man, my kids just blow me off when it's prayer time, and they're super nice kids, so we can't figure it out. We've tried all the little tricks we can think of to get them quiet and listening. Lately, we're on the "just ignore them and be a good example" tactic. It's only gotten slightly better. Kudos for your sweet, grape-sneaking, reverent little girl. She sounds adorable!
My favorite is the "super big problem." So funny what they pick up from tv shows! I think it's good for their vocabulary . . . as long as it's PBS :)
I know what you mean about "hole in her stomach." Sometimes it doesn't matter how much I've fed Brooklyn she'll come to me 5 minutes later saying, "Mommy, I'm still still still still hungry (or starving)." She's grown 4 inches already this year and only gained 2 lbs. Where does it all go?!
Olivia is so funny, I'm really excited to meet her! Good luck with the move in today, I'll give you a call about getting together sometime soon!
that is too cute! I love it when they do stuff like that!!!
Post a Comment