Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Friday, January 16, 2009

Introducing....

Brandon Benjamin Yost! Our little Benjamin is as sweet as could be and we can't get enough of him! He is doing great - eating well, and even letting us sleep at night! Granted, today he is only 3 1/2 days old, so we expect some changes to come in the sleeping but for now he only wakes up around 4AM or so to nurse, then sleeps until 7:30/8 ... lucky us!

Olivia is still getting used to the transition from Baby Brother being in Mommy's tummy to living at our house. Every morning the first thing she says when she sees me is, "Oh, and Baby Brother isn't in your tummy anymore?!" She seems to be warming more up to him every day - we can't wait to see how the two of them interact as they get older.

As for me, I'm feeling great! Little Ben didn't seem to want to come on his own, so at 10 days over, we went in and had some help moving the process along. We wanted Grandma and Grandpa Harward to be able to spend a few days with Ben before heading back to Utah. Labor was VERY fast and intense once they broke my water: 3 hrs. and our little man had arrived! 2 hours shorter than with Olivia's birth. I couldn't have gotten through it without Brandon - he did a great job supporting and coaching me through. By the time I was panicking and thinking I had to have some drugs Ben had almost arrived so Brandon sacrificed his hands for me to wring out until we crossed the finish line. We're so grateful that things went smoothly without any complications.

We were so happy and thankful to have my parents come spend a few weeks with us. They kept my mind off "waiting" for Ben to arrive and were a huge help around the house. When we went in to hospital, they took Olivia and she had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa - she didn't even want to leave her party with them to come see us at the hospital. They cleaned and organized the house, decorated, cooked, did the laundry ... it was such a blessing to have them here. Thanks so much Mom and Dad!

Thanks again to all of you for your support, prayers, phone calls, emails, and visits. We have such great family and friends. We can't wait for you to meet our new family member in person.

17 comments:

Steph said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful! I love the name, too. Sammy was almost named Benjamin, but was changed at the last moment. Good luck with everything!

Richelle Johnson said...

We're so happy for you guys! He is adorable! The first thing Cody and I said when we saw him... he looks just like JoDee! Good job! Did you go all natural again?

David and Amy said...

He is so handsome and JoDee, you are so beautiful! Congratulations to all of you!

. said...

Congratulations, JoDee! I'm so happy for you! What a cutie! I'm sure it's nice to have your parents there--your dad sure looks grey, doesn't he? They look happy. Tell them hi for me.
I hope you get some sleep and recover peacefully!

The McCullough Crew said...

He is sooo CUTE! I'm so glad that your labor went well and that mommy and baby are doing well.

Congrats!!! We love you guys!

Kristi said...

What a cutie! Congratulations! Way to hang in there. Glad to hear you're all okay. Brooklyn says, "Hi, Livia!"

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I'm excited to meet Ben in person. He's a cutie. Way to go Momma!

Blake said...

Good for you!!!! He's so cute, good to hear you're doing fine, our prayers were answered.

MaryBeth said...

JoDee, he's beautiful.

Yost, Ben looks like he has some pretty good fingers. I bet the extension on those bad boys is amazing.

Jenn said...

Hooray! I'm so glad it all worked out and that he's here. He really is absolutely adorable! What a sweetie. Can't wait to meet him!

Ronda said...

WOW! He is so perfect! Way to go Jod! He looks like a c-section baby. No cone head! =} And his name is adorable, your going by Benjamin then? Any nicknames yet?
So happy for you guys!

xoxox
Ronda

The Yost Clan said...

COngrats! Welcome to the family Benny boy! Can't wait to meet him. You do good work JoDee! ( I guess Brandon helped a little;p)Love you guys. Tell Olivia that baby brothers are fun.

Bri and Britt said...

Congrats. Glad to hear things went so well. Good luck with the first few weeks. He is adorable!

Nicole said...

Way to go, you really do get the prize this time. He looks really sweet and I hope the rest keeps on going just as well as the first 31/2 days have been smell him once for me. I love that new baby smell. SOOOO yummy.

Miss you guys.
Nicole & Dan

Jimmy and Spring Mason said...

Congrats. he is so cute, love those eyes. You are one tuff chick. I dont think I could go 10 days over due and have my baby natural. Way to go!:) take care and good luck with every thing.

Jessie said...

So adorable!
A huge congrats to you and your family!

On a side note, it's so nice to see your parents faces again. I'm glad you got to have them there for support.

Kristen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you guys - he is beautiful! I especially love the picture of him smiling - so adorable! The picture of the 2 of you is so cute too. I am glad that labor went quickly for you! You are so lucky that he is sleeping well right now - some well deserved rest and recovery for Mom! I love his name too :)Congrats again! I hope all continues to go well. I can't wait to see more pictures as he gets bigger! You guys have such an adorable family :)

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!