There is nothing like a new baby! I have spent the last few weeks (in between middle-of-the-night feedings, diaper changes, and getting peed on) soaking up all that newborn goodness. I forgot how much I love having a newborn. They grow out of that phase too quickly! I'm trying to relish it all before our little Ben starts doing something incredibly mature, like being able to hold up his own head. A few of my favorites:1) Letting the little bundle snuggle on my chest: warm, cozy, and curled up to the size of a Nerf ball.
2) Those perfect little fingers and toes.
3) The iron-grip those tiny hands have on one of my ginormous fingers.
4) The after-nap stretches and accompanying face expressions.
5) The way thier feet always cross at the ankles and curl up under them.
6) How if he's hungry (or not) he'll search the air and any contact surface with a wide open mouth. If he can get a grip, he'll start sucking.
7) Those wide open clear eyes taking in the whole world for the first time, over and over.
8) Kissing his little neck - so soft and warm!
9) Skin that is so velvety soft.
10) Watching Brandon turn into a mush any time he holds him.

Some New Favorites:
1) Seeing Olivia open herself up to this new member of our family.
2) Watching Olivia spread out a stack of books and start reading to her baby brother.
3) Watching Olivia try to console Ben, "Oh - What's wrong? Oh - It's ok! What's wrong Baby Benjamin??"
4) Watching Ben stare at Olivia with fascination.
5) Seeing my sweet hubby interact with both our kids: reassuring and playing with Olivia, snuggling little Ben.
Having a new addition to our family has been amazing!! I can't wait to see what new favorites I'll find.



4 comments:
Thanks for reminding me all the wonderful stuff about newborns. I keep thinking: "Must I start all over?", but your thoughts are much more positive.
I'm glad it's going so well. Newborns are super sweet.
I remember the peeing thing with boys all to well! Countless walls have been sprayed...not to mention each other. lol.
I. a little late in my congratulations - but congrats all the same! That is so wonderful. Newborns are hard, but you are right, there are so many things that make it all worth it! He is beautiful!
Jod, Your blog is always so fun and uplifting. I love that you are recording those thoughts. It sets those memories more firmly, so they are easier to recollect on those hard days. Such cut pics. I love you, my girls all adore baby Benjamin and always ask me to pul up his pictures.
Ronda =}
Post a Comment