Thursday, January 8, 2009
Update
NO Baby Boy Yost yet. I am trying to be patient - maybe I need to grow some more patience and that's what this is about! I was so sure I'd go early and here I am, approaching one week over. I went to the Doc yesterday and Baby is looking A-OK - healthy, moving, and right on track. Apparently I need to make my insides a little less comfortable for him. Brandon is back in school but my parents are here and doing a great job of distracting me. Mom made a super-cute coordinating curtain/bed set to work for a boy and girl since they will be sharing a room...I'll post pics soon. I'm feeling good - just anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little one. As a last resort, if I haven't gone on my own, I will be induced on Monday so Grandma and Grandpa can spend a few days with their new grandson before heading back to Utah. Thanks to all of you for your phone calls, emails, support and love. We'll keep you updated!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome!
Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!



7 comments:
I so remember this frustrating time! I guess we can't expect every birth to be the same as previous ones, although I, like you, also assumed my 2nd would come early like my 1st. Life just never stops throwing surprises at us, I suppose! Hang in there . . . it is sure to happen soon!
Psst: I've heard a lot of people say castor oil works like a charm. Just a little bit. It will make you feel awful at first, but then the contractions start right up! I actually have never heard of anyone who took it and didn't start into labor within 24 hours. It was even recommended by my friend's midwife. Just a thought if you're desperate!
JoDee, Tatiana was 1 week overdue and I told my doctor to get her out or I would :) Hopefully that lil' sucker gets her sooner than later!
Hang in there Jod!! We love you and are so excited to see your new baby!! I'm thinking he's gonna be a moma's boy :)
PS I love my moma's boy! They are so fun
Hang in there, JoD. This is a hard time for your body, but just remember: Once he's out, you have TWO kids to bundle up and pack around. Plan on it taking at least 20-30min to get out the door.
He'll be here so soon now!
And, hello to your parents. I keep meaning to stop by their house, and it keeps not happening.
Instead of inducing labor, try "seducing" labor. I have heard that works too. Or spicy foods, or walking, or laying upside down, or shining a bright light onto your stomach and yelling come out with your hands up and your head first. Try it out and let me know.
if you get induced will you still go natural? Curious.
Hey JoDee! I'm so sorry you've gone so much over. That's wonderful that you are going to get induced Mon so your family can see him. You have been and will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know you must feel ready to pop. Good luck and I can't wait to meet baby Yost when I come home!
Hey JoDee :) I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Inducing isn't awful - I know you are all about the natural, but I have been induced on all of mine (mine never want to come :) and I think they have all turned out all right :) Good luck on how ever it happens though. I can't wait to hear the news!
Post a Comment