Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Friday, March 6, 2009

A glimpse


Here is a glimpse into our life this week. Brandon's been burning the midnight oil at school for a week and a half on a mid-term paper. This leaves me and the kiddos home doing our thing all day...and night. It has been a LONG week...But I'll save those details for another post.

Olivia: "Mommy, I cleaned up my puzzle!"
JoDee: "Good job. Thanks for listening. Ok, Olivia, hop up in you chair. It's time for dinner."
Olivia: "mmm...Mommy I can't...I have to get my zipper..." (working on unzipping her jammies).
JoDee: "What? Leave your jammies on - We're late for bedtime, so if you want time for bedtime stories you need to hurry and eat your dinner."
Olivia: "mmmmm..." (still working away at her jammies)

At this point I was too tired to argue so I just started eating my dinner and figured she'd either have to forgo dinner or bedtime stories. A few minutes later she made it to her chair and worked on dinner. We got down to wash up and proceed to bed.
Olivia: "Mommy - do you have puzzles in your pants?"
JoDee: "What?"
Olivia: "Do you have puzzles in your pants?"
JoDee: "Puzzles in my pants? No. Why?"
I look down and notice her fidgeting her foot, then it clicks.
We unzip her jammies and lo and behold find her 25 piece puzzle down one jammie leg.

Ahh....not sure what was going through her mind. But it made me giggle at the end of an exhausting day. Needless to say, we are all ready to have Daddy back home with us next week: his Spring break. Can't wait!!

8 comments:

MaryBeth said...

JoDee that is so cute! We have found everything from crayons to cookies in Tatiana's diaper...so funny.

David and Amy said...

Olivia is so funny! That cracks me up! I'm glad that you all survived another big paper, I hope you have a great break together next week. Dave and I have found a lot of fun things to do on www.ctvisit.com. We wish we could join you, but our schedules are crazy for the next little while. My spring break is the week of the 23rd, I can hardly wait!

Liz and Peter said...

What a funny girl! Love you guys!

Jessie said...

Oh man, that totally made me laugh. She's a crack up.

Marissa said...

Ammon does the same thing but with over sized legos, I think its just a fun thing for kids to do.

Terrence and Kestlee said...

Puzzles in her jammies? That can't be comfortable! Rock Band sounds great. Let us know when, and we're there!

Kylie Walker said...

Oh how cute! What a little clever little girl. Hope you guys are enjoying your week of freedom!

Richelle Johnson said...

Oh that's hilarious! I love the things kids do!

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!