Dear Olivia,
This eve before Mother's Day seems an appropriate time to share a few thoughts. We took you to the orchard this year for some birthday photos. It was perfect. Pink and white blossoms every way you looked. I couldn't help but think how you are my little blossom. This Spring marks 5 years since you entered our lives, and you are opening up in so many ways. In the Fall you will start Kindergarten and I am already trying to hold the floodgates of tears back. I don't feel ready to let you go out into the big world. You are beautiful and smart and bring warmth everywhere you go. Even though you move forward with confidence and a grown-up vocabulary, you seem so tender and delicate to be out on your own all day long. I'm so glad I have a few more months to hold you close, soak you up, and have you all to myself.
You love to dance in your very own unique way - a perfect way that is all you. You are a book worm in every sense of the word. Today at the library we passed the first cart of books and while I kept moving with Ben you planted yourself right there in the middle of the aisle and read. You come into my bed every morning dressed up in one princess dress or another. A few hours later you'll don sneakers and a helmet and head out on your scooter, asking me "if it's safe" for you to ride down the hill as fast as you can without cars getting in the way.
I love your free spirit. You are spunky and full of life, tender and thoughtful. Any time Daddy or me is tired or sick, you promptly cover us up with a blanket, or two, or three, and a pillow as well. You are such a sweet sister to Ben. There may be tussels every so often, but you quickly resolve it and are soon giggling and playing. I think my favorite sound in the world is the two of you giggling.
Thank you for being patient with me as I try to figure out how to be a mommy. I learn from you every day. I love you, sweet girl. Happy 5th Birthday.
Love,
Mom
Mom







5 comments:
These are stunning. Olivia looks like such a beautiful little 5 year old. Where has the time gone?
oh my goodness, I LOVE all of the blossoms! Perfect for lovely olivia :)
Beautiful pictures! Happy birthday Olivia and Happy Mother's Day JoDee!
This is probably my all-time favorite of your photo shoots (and that's saying something!). She is beautiful. The pictures are beautiful. You are a beautiful mother. I want to be like you someday!
Gorgeous!!! I want you to do the same photo shoot for Emma's bday next year!
Post a Comment