We started out in the morning heading to NBC Studios, hoping to get extra seats to a taping of the Jimmy Fallon show. While there they asked if we would please be on TV. We had what they were looking for. :) Actually, they were doing a segment with Kathie Lee Guifford about summer movies and needed an audience to answer questions. So we were totally on TV! I unfortunately didn't get any pictures, but it looked just like this:
We didn't end up making it into the Fallon taping..they only let numbers 1-9 in and we were 44-49. But we hit the ground running and covered an awful lot of NYC ground, despite the rain.
St. Patrick's cathedral was just beautiful...I couldn't get my little point-n-shoot to cooperate in the low light, but it felt just like the cathedrals you see pictures of in Europe: huge arches, columns, gorgeous stained glass, candles flickering...it was beautiful. Ground Zero was also new for us...we went a couple years back when it was just an empty concrete pit. They now have a little mini-museum about the project and 9/11 that was really great to see. As it was foggy, we didn't go up the Empire State Bldg, but went to stand in front just so Brandon's sister could see it. By the end of the day we had aching feet and full bellies from all the food we tried, but I think we did a pretty thorough job of letting the family experience The Big Apple in 2 days!





2 comments:
I want to see you on TV! Was it a live thing (if so, which day?), or was it taped. Is there anywhere I can go to see it? That would be fun.
I was in an episode of Touched By An Angel once. Yeah, I'm cool like that.
Again, great pictures. I love St. Patrick's too.
It was live May 18th. I hadn't thought about that - that's probably why I haven't been able to find it online. I'll let you know when we get onto Fallon.
I want to see you on Touched By An Angel! Super cool - how do I look that up?
Post a Comment