Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Friday, July 27, 2012

Yost Family Fun

As part of our family summer trip, we were able to spend 5 days at a reunion with the Yost side, back in Brandon's home town in Idaho.  His siblings are scattered all over the country so it was really nice to be able to all gather together for the week.  The kids loved all the wide open space to run and play and all the cousins.
24th of July Parade.  We were so happy to get a good parade in.  And this parade is the only one I've been to where you get to see BOTH sides of the float.  They go down once, turn around, and come back.  And everyone is loaded with candy to throw.  The combined collection we came back with was pretty impressive.  Ben thought he'd try out the frisbee they through and see if it tasted good or not.  "Is this candy mom?"  If only, buddy.
Family Olympics: Venues entered - 3-legged race, potato sack race, fill the bucket with water, spin your  nose on the bat, wheelbarrow race.  The kids had such a great time and I was so impressed with the older cousins who helped out the little ones.  I think in my family the older kids would have run down the younger ones to get to the finish line. :)  We also did a set of games for the adults - no proof was captured though since I was participating.  We added an egg toss to ours and I got quite the splatter of yolk all the way up my arm!  
The platforms at Lava Hot Springs.  Brandon, his brothers, and dad all ventured off the ledge...33 feet above the pool!  I was content to stay back and take pictures.  
And where, but in rural Idaho, can you go skeet shooting off your Aunt's back porch?  I even picked up a gun or two and came away with 3 skeets shot!   I loved the unique beauty of the farmland.  This was where Brandon was raised and he had all kinds of stories of adventures with his buddies and brothers. 
Before Brandon flew back to CT, we had to make sure and visit Olivia's great grandpa.  We just love him - he is full of stories, smiles, and huge bear hugs.  For a girl who didn't get to know either grandpa and whose grandmas passed away when I was young, I cherish these times with grandparents and great-grandparents my kids have.  We just soak it all up! 

No comments:

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!