Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Favorite Time

It is my FAVORITE time of year, and I'm so happy to be in beautiful New England for it. I love everything about it: the gradual change from warm air to crisp air, the leaves changing from green to peach to brilliant orange, red, and yellow. I love the smell of moist brown leaves on the ground, and then crunching on them. I love apple cider, picking pumpkins, hayrides and corn mazes. I love Fall Festivals with donuts and apple-bobbing, family games, and parties, surrounded by bright Autumn colors. And as Fall comes to a close and opens into Winter, (unlike the prick of sadness that sweeps over me after Christmas), I get to look forward to 3 more months of parties! Here's to a Happy Autumn everyone! Go and crunch some leaves for me. (As a side note, these pics were taken at one of the many apple picking farms here in CT - so cool!)

5 comments:

Jessie said...

SO New England. I love it! I think one of the cutest pictures I have to CT is in a berry patch.

Jessie said...

I meant "from CT" not to CT...he he

Kristen said...

What beautiful pictures!!! You will definitely have to do a picture shoot for us some day! I love your description of autumn - you really capture the feeling. I totally agree - fall is the best - and then come the holidays! Yeah!!!

Robins Park said...

So is just to sweet JoD. We haven't seen her since she was a baby so thanks for posting.

The Carolina Moon's said...

Fall is my favorite time of year and I would love to be in NE for the season. Everything is so exagerated. That's what I miss a little about VA. SC things turn a little color and get brown but the smells aren't as pungent and the air doesn't have that same mustiness. Wow, I miss that. Your daughter get's more and more beautiful in her pictures. Are you getting ready for your little man's arrival?

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!