Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Sunday, December 14, 2008

How Do You ....

...keep Christ in Christmas?

I've been thinking about this a lot this year. One family tradition we had growing up was our "Jesus Gift". Every year we would have a little family counsel and choose some type of service to do during December. Some years we picked a needy family and secretly did the "ring and run" 12 days of Christmas. Some years Mom planned a program with script and music that we all participated in, inviting neighbors over. Some years we made and stuffed stockings and took them to a Nursing Home. It was something I always loved, and something I want to continue in my own little family. Another thing I loved was reading Christmas stories each night as part of family scripture time. They were always stories focused on the Real Reason for the Season. So - what do you do?

For some other fun ideas, check out the links at this post: http://tipjunkie.blogspot.com/2008/12/keeping-christ-in-christmas.html

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Thanks for some good ideas. The Santa thing is such a dilemma for me (I wrote a blog about it, but haven't dared post it yet). Anyway, I also heard an idea of doing a service without telling the rest of your family, then writing it down and putting it in an envelope on the tree. After all the gifts are opened, the family opens the envelope(s) and reads about the services done for others. I love that idea!

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!