Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

First snow of the season here in CT...it just covered the ground and only lasted a day, but happily this weekend we got a good storm that should keep us white until Christmas!! There's nothing quite like waking up to that first snow fall.

Christmas Stockings: Growing up we had our very own "stockings" that Mom made. They were always the last thing to "open" Christmas morning. A great way to top it all off! They had various red & green patterns on them, a jingle bell on the toe, and a name on top. I wanted to carry on the tradition, so a few years ago, Mom helped me to make my own using her patterns ... Olivia got so excited when she saw these and said, "Oh, look! Stockings! I need to put them on my feet Mom!"
Decorating! Since our apartment won't allow REAL Christmas trees, we invested in a Wal-Mart special...$35 and the best part: pre-lit. It should be a good investment for the Law school years! We had a great time decorating together. Every night when we plug in the Christmas tree lights, Olivia's eyes light up and she can't keep her hands off of the magic.


Olivia loves our little Dollar Tree nativity. Because it was a cheap find I don't worry too much about letting her play with it. For those of you who like to set up your nativities in the old boring, semi-circle around Baby Jesus, (me!) Olivia has a new trend for you....line them all up in a row, including Baby Jesus!
Funny side note. One day I saw Olivia carrying the members of the Nativity party down the hall. I followed her and she was putting them in the bathroom.
"What are you doing?"
"I needed to bring these guys to a time-out because they weren't listening to Baby Jesus."
And poor Joseph suffered the consequences...a few minutes later his little head got broken off.
Oh Joseph...you should have listened...
First batch of Christmas cookies. Notice the frosting all over her face. A few more batches in the making, I hope. Gotta do something to keep my mind of the impending Baby labor!

Enjoying Christmas lights in the community. Unfortunately, we haven't found too many displays out here. I got spoiled growing up in Layton where the City Park has an awesome display of Christmas lights. But we take enjoyment where we can!!
Happy Holidays everyone!!

6 comments:

Peter Bracken said...

Ah, the Layton City Park lights! I remember those days. I took Liz to see them a year or two ago, and she loved the flying dragon and random elephants! I never understood why some of those displays made it year after year, but they always made for a great walk in the park.

David and Amy said...

We were spoiled in Layton with the awesome Christmas lights, there really is nothing out here that compares. I love the story about Olivia taking the nativity members to the bathroom for time-out, she is so full of personality!

HeatherB said...

Bring Olivia over anytime to play in the snow or make a snowman. David has been out there every day and would love a buddy!

El Jefe said...

Thanks for the play by play. Christmas takes on a new life with kids to do it with. You are a great mom. You should have another one...

Richelle Johnson said...

We wish it snowed here in FL :) I can't believe you only have 4 days to go with your pregnancy... jealous!!! Good luck and have fun with the delivery!

Sara Boulter said...

Did that baby come out yet?

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!