Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Halloween Celebrations

Ok, I'm only, what - 2 weeks behind here? But since this blog might very well serve as the only "history" of our family, I thought I'd better be sure to include the Halloween festivities. I dutifully prepared Olivia for Halloween by reading Halloween books to her all month. Every time I'd finish, I'd ask her "What do you want to be for Halloween?" Every time she'd unhesitatingly respond, "I want to be a PRIN-cess!" It never changed - not once. By no coaxing on my part. So, we pulled out a fancy "dress-up" dress and went and got a crown with gemstones, glitz and feathers all packed into one. (Not shown here b/c it kept falling off her little head).


As for pumpkin carving, she couldn't wait to make our own "Pumpkin Jack" all month long. We ended up with two pumpkins: one we picked at the patch, and one from our trolley adventure. The trolley pumpkin went into her bedroom on her bedstand. First I just caught her playing with it like a stuffed animal: talking to it, reading to it. Soon it was getting tucked into bed during playtime. Then, one - two - three nights in a row and for the rest of the month, we'd go in to find her arms snuggled tight around that pumpkin, sound asleep. She found a new baby. It is still in her room - we'll see how it goes when her little friend mysteriously disappears to the garbage dump.
On Halloween we officially carved her #2 pumpkin. Her favorite part was squishing the mushies inside. I was rather pleased with our finished product. Pretty nice, eh? (Ours is the little one). Our good friends the Walkers came over to celebrate the festivities with us - We're so glad they live right across the street so we can stalk them all we want! :) So there you have it - Halloween 2008.


Time to get ready for Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Seriously JoDee, Olivia is the sweetest little girl ever. Maybe she could give Tatiana some tips.

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!