Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Life-long Friends

Cool things I did this weekend:

- experienced the triumph of driving to Boston all by myself (no GPS help) and making it in one piece!

- stayed up until 1:30 AM chatting with good good childhood/teenager friends

- ate Jenn's delicious apple pie and white chocolate-chip cookies, as well as the yummy-as-advertised caramel candy corns

- took pictures of one of the most adorable little boys I have ever met

- thought about all the great friends I've had through the years, how much they've influenced my experiences and who I've become, and how COOL it is to still be in touch and enjoying them

- watched my little girl have a blast playing with her "friend Henry who lives in Boston"

- made it all the way back to CT successfully in one piece

- arrived home and walked into the door of a spotless, vacuumed, totally clutter-free house my hubby surprised me with.

Ahhhhh.... life is good!! It was a great weekend. I can't describe how cool it is to get caught up with old friends and then watch as your kids start to get to know eachother and play. Who knows - maybe they'll be life-long friends too! I hope so! Thanks for the awesome weekend Iversons!


Henry Iverson & Olivia

6 comments:

Jessie said...

I get to have that experience every few months with my "girls" - at least since I've moved back to UT. It's such a wonderful refresher to be with them. We love watching our kids play together, too.
Too bad we have a million boys and only a couple girls, or we could be betrothing them all.

The Steele family said...

That is so fun that you get to see jenny that makes it nice Olivia is so cute she always has such a cute smile.

Marissa said...

Hey Jodee, it's Marissa from Layton... except I'm in Texas now. I saw your comment on Springs blog and came over to your blog to say hi, how are you and how are things going? I have a blog as well, when you have a minute come visit and leave me a comment. Your little girl is so cute.

Steph said...

Hello Jodee. I don't know you, but Jake told me that you and he used to play piano duets in high school. Anyone who can handle that with Jake is good in my book! :) You have a very cute family and congrats on your upcoming arrival!

Tiffany said...

I'm so jealous you guys live by each other!! Thats awesome! I am truely impressed that you made it there with no GPS. Anyone who has been there can really appreciate that! I miss you guys, espically around the holidays!

Jenn said...

We loved spending the weekend with you guys! I'm also proud of you for making the drive all by yourself, and proud of Brandon for surprising you with the clean house. What a special and (for me) rare treat! I think it's so neat to be able to get together again after years and catch up on all the in-between time but still feel as comfortable as ever. We love having good friends so relatively closeby. It just feels so reassuring! Thanks again for making the trip.

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!