By: Rosemary WellsIllustrated by: David McPhail
This is kind of a poetic book. Brandon doesn't love this one, but I do, and it always entrances Olivia. It has four sections that have beautiful sensory descriptions of the activities in little Danny's life: the colors, sounds, smells, and textures. Rosemary writes beautifully and makes every-day things like gardening, going to the bakery, a winter walk, and a night-time lullabye sound magical. This one really made me think about how much of the detail and beauty around me I'm really experiencing. We went for a family walk and tried to use all our senses to enjoy everything around us. Cheesey? Maybe. But cheesey can be cool.
By: Audrey Wood & her son, Bruce WoodAudrey Wood has written lots of children's books we love, but these are our latest favs. This is the first of a series that we love (Alphabet Mystery and Alphabet Rescue come next - equally great books!). The story of a little alphabet going on ... what else? An adventure. It is a new, fresh approach for kids who are learning their ABC's. Bright, colorful pictures, a clever storyline. This is a book I have read easily 50+ times with Olivia and we can still find ways to keep it fresh.
By: Amy Krouse Rosenthal
By: Amy Krouse Rosenthal Illustrated by: Jen Corace
This book has simple, fun text and adorable illustrations. It is a reverse-psychology approach for kids who hate to eat their veggies. This little pea has to eat CANDY for dinner, and hates it. If he eats his five pieces, he gets a delicious yummy vegetable dessert. We love this one.



2 comments:
So I am behind and want to respond to your last three comments...
Love the book review blog idea. You should totally do it. Moms would love it and with the amount Olivia reads it sounds like it would be well posted on.
Also, just giving my two cents, I loved twilight! I agree that there were some cheesy parts but the colors throughout the movie totally set the forks mood and I really thought Edward did a good job. Bella? Eh...can't say much for her she's kind of a flat actress but Edward...I really enjoyed his acting and thought he did a pretty good job. The end.
Anyways...I still love your blog. Thanks for posting!
I'd be totally into a book blog--I'd even contribute to it if you wanted. Keep the reviews coming!
Post a Comment