Warning: If you are a Twilight fan and intend to go see the movie, don't read on!
I went with a few friends this weekend to Twilight. I have to say - over all, it was disappointing. I didn't hate it, or feel it was a waste of money, but - disappointing nonetheless. I just couldn't get invested in Bella's character...and Edward never drew me in either. Did anyone feel like the two of them were scowling the whole time? Isn't falling in love supposed to be fun and exciting and happy? I realize this IS a story about vampires and werewolves, but still. When I read the book I didn't feel like our romantic pair was broody the whole time - at first, maybe. But then they get past that and actually seem to ENJOY their relationship ... not so in the movie. Other side notes, I thought Edward's makeup was overboard, and the special effects left much to be desired.
So there you have it. My disappointed review of Twilight. What are your thoughts?
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome!
Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!



6 comments:
Amen sista! I couldn't have said it better myself!
I agree! Though I was impressed with how close they stuck to the actual storyline
I will be the first to vehemently disagree. :) I will qualify by saying that I am not a super serious Twighliter. Okay. I thought it was a beautiful movie! The scenery was amazing and some of the characters really came to life for me. Some of the acting (jasper) was worse than a high school play. but the main characters I thought did a fine job portraying the intensity and internal struggles. I was entertained! Isn't that what movies are for?! Love it, and I will see it again. Have fun.
I will have to agree with you. I am one of the few in this nation who have not read the books, and I have to say that I wasn't a fan of the movie. I thought that it was hyped up to be a lot more than what it was.
I haven't even seen it yet and I already agree with you. I'm going this Friday with low expectations and hopes of good silliness. I hope to see it in a room full of giddy teens.
I've noticed it's pretty rare that books translate well into movies. They lose a lot of magic and feel flat on the big screen. And let's face it, this series is "book candy" - not great literature. Still, I have to see that darn movie!
Post a Comment