So - here is an effort to get a little caught up on the Yost Family happenings. On Ocotober 25th, we took advantage of our library's free museum passes and visited the Shoreline Trolley Museum, all decked out for Halloween.

The Museum operates a portion of the old "F" trolley route of the Connecticut Company. It is the oldest continuously operating suburban trolley line in the United States! Passenger service began in 1900 and continued through 1947. The Museum still operates a cool collection of restored trolleys over a 1.5 mile segment of the Branford Electric Line.

We started by having a trolley ride out over the 1.5 miles, looking out at Autumn woods, wetlands and marshes. The Conductor stood at the front, really "driving" the train with gears and handles.


On the way back, we made a pit stop at a barn housing old restored trolleys and a pumpkin patch. 
Brandon explored the trolleys while Olivia and I picked a pumpkin and colored it. Then we got back on the trolley for the ride home. It was such a fun outing, and all free thanks to our library!




3 comments:
I totally forgot about the free passes from the libraries in CT. Isn't that the best?! I wish our libraries would do that.
Olivia's cute little face makes me laugh. Such cute pics.
Hey, you're at 32 weeks! That's pretty substantial! I hope you're feeling well.
Cute pictures! Looks like a fun little excursion! We'll have to add that to our list of places to visit!
You take such good pictures! I really wish you lived closer so that I could have you take some of Savannah. Just a quick note - I am making my blog private and wanted to invite you so email me at Carolyn@idahosports.com and I'll invite you. Thanks!
Post a Comment