Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!!


Thank you, Mom and Dad, for making Valentines such a fun holiday growing up. I was shocked when I got to Jr.High and my girlfriends were moping around b/c they didn't have a boy to share it with. At my house, Valentines day wasn't about sharing flowers with a significant other but an exciting night of ring-and-run. We made treats for the neighbors & friends (usually sugar cookies), delivered them in the dark of night and ran breathlessly for the farthest car, tree, or boulder we could reach before the porch light turned on and the door opened. Once we got home, inSIDE the house, it was the same mad dash as we all had little gifts and surprises for one another.

You'd hear quick furious knocking on all the doors of the house: front, back, deck, even bathroom, as we all ran around, bumping into eachother to get away from the surprise we had left and get to the surprise left for us. I've loved continuing this little tradition and it was even funner this year with Olivia old enough to be a part of it. Brandon got into the spirit leaving my gift at the door when he got home from work. The only problem was I wasn't home to answer the door. Poor guy was hiding excitedly around the corner waiting...and waiting. Anyway - we had an awesome night. Happy Valentines to all of you!!

6 comments:

Blaine said...

What a fun tradition! I think that is such a good idea. Valentine's Day was always "single awareness day" for me, so I think I will start a fun tradition like that with my kids.

Our brother-in-law Ryan Thompson took the pics at our wedding. He is REALLY good. He has website: www.rltphotography.com.

David and Amy said...

That's such a great idea! During Valentine's, my family used to draw each other's names out of a hat and be that person's "Secret Pal" for the week. We'd leave love notes, little treats, and even fun scavenger hunts for each other to do around the house! I love that you have continued your family's traditions in your own home.

Happy Valentine's Day!

goldfixe said...

Cool tradition. Love it!

I posted pictures today of the gift I made Kristi for V-Day. I know you were pretty stoked to see it. Keep your expectations real low and you'll be really impressed.

Kristen said...

Such a cute idea! We never really do anything for Valentines (Chris says it's a made up holiday by companies who want more money - I know , so romantic - he's not all bad though, he did bring home dinner so I wouldn't have to cook and gave me some chocolates :) It would be fun to do something with the kids. I will have to think about it for next year.

Anonymous said...

that is so fun. olivia is adorable.

Jenn said...

Such a terrific idea! We really need to incorporate something like that in our family. I love Valentine's Day with all the hearts and pink and red everywhere. I want to make it special for my kids. Thanks for the great idea!

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!