Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Monday, March 10, 2008

Problem Solver

I'm afraid I've passed my problem solving skills on to Olivia. Its not that we can't solve problems. Its just that we might choose to do it .... our own unique way. It might take longer, and may not be the most obvious solution from all other perspectives, but it makes sense in our minds! Here's an example: Olivia was trying to get to her shoes. Watching her I tried to help her back out from under the chair, but she wanted to go THROUGH the chair ... and pretty soon she was stuck. But hey - she made it through in one piece and practiced some spelunking (no idea how to spell that!) skills in the meantime!

Phase 1: "I'm pretty sure this could work ... just reach right through to get my shoes ..."


Phase 2: "Ummm...maybe not...time to start panicking..."



Phase 3: "Whew - Ok... think we'll be ok."
Phase 4: "Ok..I knew this would work: See mom?"

4 comments:

The Fletchies said...

that is insane! haha you've gotta love how little kids minds work thinking to go through the chair.

The Steele family said...

Hey Jodee that is so cute that sounds a lot like my Kali

Anonymous said...

so funny... dont you always wonder what goes through their little minds.
olive is adorable.

Kristen said...

So cute and funny! I love the pics that go along with the story :)

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!