Zoom In!

For a LARGER VIEW of the images, just click on the picture. You know you want to. :)

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

6 days


Our moving day is officially less than a week away. AUGH! It is starting to sink in and we have so much to do to get ready. We've been trying to do a little along the way, but its so hard to figure out what you need to the last minute, deciding what goes with the moving truck (with the mileage from here to CT somehow it ended up being cheaper to use a moving company!), what comes with us in our car on the road, and where to start! I am really going to miss the friends and family we have here in AZ - we definately want to keep in touch with all of you friends we've made here. Something I will NOT miss: 115 degree heat. I have been looking for CT housing online for the last two months and am getting so anxious to get out there and know where we're living and get settled in this next phase of our lives. We have made contact with our ward out there and they seem very very nice. Can't wait to open a new door and see what's behind it. In the meantime, does anyone have tips on cleaning an oven? Help!?! :)

5 comments:

El Jefe said...

Hey JoDee. We're in the same boat right now. We just moved into temporary housing till we have a house - a month or so from now. Two moves two months. It sounds like you are mobilized though. I'm glad you are ready to go to CT. Cool to know where the next step is. Cool to have friends and family to visit now in PHX that you didn't know before.

I have no idea how to clean the oven. But I love you. Say hi to my little princess, and to Olivia.

Love Matt

The Yost Clan said...

JoDee I wish i were there to help. I know all about moving with movers ;) Let me know if there is anything I can do too ease the burden. ABout the oven spray oven cleaner ( there is the FUME Free stuff) and let is sit over night. the oven should come clean with ease the next day. If there is still stuff stuck just repeat. I hope it all goes well and that you find a place fast. Love you hugs and kisses to the family

Jenn said...

Good luck with the move! Your next 6 days will probably be crazy and not very fun. But once you get on the road and say your goodbyes, it could be fun. We're sure happy to be on this end of the move, although I am so surprised that there is still so much to do! Have a fun drive . . . I hope everything goes smoothly!

The Wangsgard's said...

Where are you guys moving to? I know all too well how crazy it is to try to know what to pack and what you'll need. Good luck! We are really excited to live in Mtn Green. It's good to hear from you and congrats on baby #2. That's fun.

Jessie said...

Oven cleaning, the safer, but still effective way:
Baking soda and lemon juice. Let it sit for a long time, then come back and wipe it up. It's worked for me several times. Sometimes I have to do it once more to get the really burned on stuff, but it's so much better than all the toxic fumes, and cheaper too!
That's my tip. Good luck moving. I'm excited for you to get to know CT.

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! We thought we'd try this new way to stay connected to family and friends since we can't be there in person with you! Please feel welcome to visit often and share your thoughts. We'll keep all our latest pictures, movies, and news here. Enjoy!