I am taking organ lessons right now from our stake organist - she volunteers 6 lessons to anyone in the stake who wants to learn. After some nudging from my ward bishopric, I consented to start the process. I have a whole new respect for organists and am dumb-founded when I watch the Mormon Tabernacle organists play! Having played piano most of my life, I didn't expect organ to be too difficult - but boy - it is a whole new world trying to play with the "organ rules" and having my hands and feet going different directions!
Today I went to the church to practice and Olivia expressed my frustrations perfectly. There is a small step down to get to the organ from the risers where the choir sits on the stand; on this lower level, the bench for the organ snugs in pretty tight between the row of Bishopric chairs to the left, and the rising step to the right. Olivia was sitting on the step next to the bench , and had one foot smooshed in between the step, and the organ bench. She struggled for a minute trying to break free, and said, "Come on, feet! Come on, feet!" I couldn't have said it better myself!




No comments:
Post a Comment